During the holiday season there are a lot of places you can visit for your Christmas fix. Here are a list of events/activities if you are in the Philadelphia area.
- Macy Christmas Light Show at Macy’s Center City– illuminates a large wall inside the Wanamaker building. It has 100,000 LED lights and sounds from the organ.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest– Olympic size skating rink with a warm, ski chalet style lodge and winter garden. Plus a cold weather version of Spruce street Harbor Park.
- The Comcast Holiday Spectacular– is a 15 minute video show featuring dancers from the Pennsylvania Ballet dancing to music from The Nutcracker.
- Dilworth Park at City hall– features an ice skating rink, a winter garden and a heated tent that serve food and drinks for the skaters to fill up on.
- Franklin Square Holiday Festival & Electrical Holiday Light Show-includes visits from Santa, rides on the holiday train and 50,000 twinkling lights paired to a holiday soundtrack.
- Longwood Gardens Christmas– has colorful fountains, beautiful trees and 500,000 twinkling lights.
- Christmas in Peddler’s Village– located in Bucks County has over 70 specialty shops, eight restaurants and beautiful festive decorations.
- Adventure Aquariums’s Christmas Celebration– has twinkling lights, glowing trees, falling snow and an appearances by Scuba Santa.
- Neighborhood Lights in South Philly– is definitely a must see, 1600 block of south 13th street is known as Philadelphia Miracle on south 13th Street.
- SugarHouse New Year’s Eve Fireworks– ring in 2017 twice with two shows schedule at 6 p.m. and Midnight.
I hope this list has been helpful. Until next time be blessed. 🙂