During the holiday season there are alot of places you can visit for your Christmas fix.
Here are a list of events/activities if you are in the Philadelphia area.
- Dilworth Park at City hall – features a Christmas village, Ferris wheel, kids train and an ice skating rink. There is a heated tent that serve food and drinks for the skaters to fill up on.
- LumiNature at the Philadelphia Zoo – featuring dozens of illuminating, animal-themed displays around the zoo. There are 14 themes in total, such as a 100-foot-long aquarium tunnel, giant jellyfish, 21-foot snake, hundreds of glowing penguins and to top it off a 25-foot tree made of flamingo lawn ornaments.
- Franklin Square – has the Electrical Spectacle Holiday Light Show, which features over 100,000 lights throughout the park. There is a Chilly Philly mini golf course and a charming carousel. Lets not forget Santa Saturday and a heated tent to enjoy a warm beverage.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest – Olympic size skating rink with a warm, ski chalet style lodge with seasonal food & drinks. Plus there are two spectacular fireworks displays on New Year’s Eve.
- Macy’s Christmas Light Show – In the historic Wanamaker Building features holiday scenes made of over 100,000 LED lights and a 34, 500 LED tree that dance along to classic tunes from the Wanamaker organ.
- The Comcast Holiday Spectacular– is a 15 minute family friendly show featuring a sleigh ride around the world and through Philadelphia. A wonderful performance from the Pennsylvania Ballet and a sing a long to holiday classics.
- Adventure Aquarium’s Christmas Underwater – Scuba Santa is coming to town, sharing Christmas cheer. Enjoy underwater light displays, festive new shows and the World’s Tallest Underwater Christmas Tree! It will be so much fun for the kids.
I hope this list will help you enjoy your time around the city of Philly.
Until next time…Enjoy Life 🙂
2 thoughts on “Holiday Events in Philly – Blogmas 2021 Day 3”
Good post Goldie, it’s amazing to see that Philadelphia has some great things to do for the family or a single individual. I also see that the classic Macy’s is still running strong.😊
Thanks for reading it 😊